Friday, March 15, 2013

Mary Poppins - The Musical

All Around the Cathedral, the Saints and Apostles,
look down as she sells her wares.
although you can't see it 
you know they are smiling
each time someone shows that he cares.

- from Feed the Birds, written by the Sherman Brothers

Trumble and Shea-Creal

My mom and I just got back from seeing Mary Poppins - The Musical in Madison. It was fantastic. Glorious. If it wasn't Lent I'd be shouting "All*luia!". Wow. The leads - Madeline Trumble (Mary Poppins) and Con O'Shea-Creal (Bert) portrayed a essence of Julie Andrews and Dick Van Dyke with there own twist on this classic. But then again, I'm not a theater critic. Oh well. I personally recommend seeing this show, now on tour across America.

P.S. I feel that as though that line from Feed the Birds at the top had a religious essence to it, I could post this ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment